Church of St John the Baptist, Kidlington
St John's 50th Anniversary Celebrations 2008To celebrate the forthcoming 50th Anniversary of the building and dedication of St John's Church in Kidlington we are planning the following fundraising, outreach and special events.
Events in 2008 to raise funds for celebrations include:
Saturday 17th May - Coffee Morning and Sale
10.00am to 12.30pm, 8 Gosford Close
- Friday 19th September - Shopping Evening
6.00pm to 9.00pm, at St John's. There will be lots of interesting stalls and an early opportunity to buy Christmas presents.
As part of our celebrations we are encouraging people to contibute to Edukid, continuing the support for the good work Edukid are doing in Cambodia and the Far East. Collecting boxes are available for individuals and at fundraising events.
Celebratory Events in 2008 include:
- Saturday 21st June: Fun afternoon. Official Opening 2.00pm This will include displays and demonstrations, stalls, balloon launch, refreshments including Hog Roast.
- Sunday 22nd June: Patronal Festival Holy Communion service, 9.30am.
- Sunday 22nd June: Service to celebrate the life of St John's and the work of St John Ambulance in Oxfordshire. Attended by the Bishop of Oxford, 3.00p.m.
- Saturday 27th September:Flower Festival with Memorabilia Display and Refreshments, 11.00am to 5.00pm
- Sunday 28th September: Harvest Festival Holy Communion Service, 9.30a.m.
- Sunday 28th September: Flower Festival, with Memorabilia Display and Refreshments, 2.00p.m. to 5.00p.m.
- Sunday 28th September - Service of Songs of Praise, 6.30pm.
During the Flower Festival the Lady Chapel will be open for people to bring a posy of flowers in memory of a loved one.