The Kidlington Team Ministry
What's new for 2016
Priorities and Fresh Things for the Term AheadAt the start of the year it is good to plan and prioritise what we will focus on. As well as the usual work of the three churches here are some things that will be happening in the coming months:
- The Christian Discipleship course starts this week. All welcome.
- The newly formed Worship Group will hold a Worship Workshop on Saturday January 23rd so that we can begin to fulfil the PCC's commitment to greater diversity in worship in our three churches. See below.
- Social events for your diary: Tea Talks, Bingo Night, Parish Quiz Night
- Communication: the PCC will examine this HUGE topic in its next meeting, and Felicity will make this a focus for her ongoing work this term.
- Felicity's other focus will be progressing the formation of a Friends of St Mary's charitable body to assist us in fund raising for St Mary's building. Offers of help welcome.
- Martin will be focussing on leading the newly constituted Mission and Outreach Group, and beginning to build a Vision for work with young people. He will lead a Vision Morning for anyone involved with Children or Young People and anyone with ideas and enthusiasm in March.
- In Lent we will follow the 6 week Pilgrim Course on The Eucharist through sermons and weekday groups. Last year's pattern of services will be repeated.
- Plans for an enhanced welcome area at St Mary's continue.
10th Jan 2016