\n \n
  • From a piece of scrap drywall, cut a patch that completely covers the...">

    Posted 20 hours ago

    Hillman Group 41994, 25-Pack Zinc-Plated Plaster Washers, 25 Pieces

    ZTS2023's avatar
    Shared by
    Joined in 2023

    About this deal

    A plaster washer is a thin metal disk that increases the size of the head of a drywall screw so that it doesn't pull through the plaster. jpg\"/>\n

  • \n
  • From a piece of scrap drywall, cut a patch that completely covers the hole in the wall. Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.

    As for cutting all the divots in the old plaster and on the fracture edges no less, that is a relatively weak support.p>\n

  • \n
  • Place the patch over the hole and trace around it with a pencil. I was afraid that because the spade bit cut through the existing old skim coat exposing the rough plaster coat and reducing the thickness of the plaster that the washer would be supporting, that this might not work every well.

    If the sagging is slight, or covers a small area, you can reattach the plaster to the wood lath by using long drywall screws fitted with plaster washers. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. There was a time when there was only one major source (Charles Street Supply in Massachusetts, making them since 1948), but Googling "plaster washers" brought me dozens of possible sources, and also dozens of online discussions of these marvelous little devices - so it's not like they're unknown. I taped and plastered over the cracks and washers and it has lasted for years with no new cracks having reappeared to date.

    And if I’m stuck on an island someplace, with a roll of wire and a boat that needs repair, I’ll figure out a way to make nails. Many older houses have plaster walls and ceilings with wood lath f","noIndex":0,"noFollow":0},"content":"

    If you live in an older home with sagging plaster on your walls and ceilings, you can fix it. With plaster washers and wide fiberglass mesh, old plaster walls can be made smooth and solid again. Place a large enough sheet of ply or similar material over the bulging area and wedge it back up with a sturdy length of timber from the floor below. p>\n

    Whether you patch or replace the sagging plaster depends on the extent of the damage: