Parish of Kidlington with Hampton Poyle
Parish of Kidlington
with Hampton Poyle
Coronavirus Communication 17/3/2020
Along with all other Anglican churches in the
country, our church services and all midweek groups
have been suspended for the foreseeable future.
Not to be able to meet together is a huge loss and
we feel it keenly, but the priority is to keep
each other, our nation, and our NHS as safe as
There are many things that we cannot
do. But we can also do many other things.
During this time of fear and uncertainty we will:
- Pray for you, and everyone affected by coronavirus in any way
- Every day at 10am pray the Our Father wherever we are
- Keep our three churches open every day for anyone to use for prayer or personal space
- Use the web site and facebook page for updates and to keep in touch
- Use the phone to keep in contact with those who are shut in, lonely, or vulnerable
- Keep a list of volunteers ready to do shopping or practical errands
- Take prayer requests and light a candle for your requests in St Mary's each day
- Video the Eucharist on Sundays and put these on facebook and the web site
- Continue to take funerals
- Be available on the phone or email as you need
- Be flexible and creative with how to be a supportive community
Some things that you might like to do:
Whatever your situation, look after yourself
and trust in God who knows you, holds you and loves you.
- Join in the 10am Our Father, wherever you are
- Visit the church when you take a walk
- Look at the web site and find the facebook page
- Watch the videos that we put up
- If you are worried or need practical help, contact us please
- If you would like us to pray and light a candle in church for you, just ask us.
Do not be afraid or terrified, for the Lord your God
goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Felicity and Martin
17th March 2020